Solomon Blum Heymann LLP is very pleased to announce that Charles F. Gibbs, preeminent trusts and estates counsel, has joined the firm, effective April 1, 2014. Mr. Gibbs will hold the position of Senior Counsel, Private Wealth Management group. Previously, Mr. Gibbs was a partner at Holland & Knight and a leader of its national trusts and estates litigation practice.
Mr. Gibbs brings considerable experience in trust and estate dispute resolution and litigation, trust and estate administration, and estate planning. He and our partners have previously worked successfully in several international, multi-jurisdiction estate disputes (involving U.S., European, Asian, Pacific Rim and Caribbean nationals and entities).
Mr. Gibbs’ resume includes a long list of success in trust and estate matters, including some of the most high-profile disputes of our time (such as recent litigation involving the Estate of Huguette Clark, valued in excess of $300 million). A partial listing of some of his professional accomplishments follows:
• Adjunct full professor teaching wills, trusts and estates at New York Law School for many years, and at the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
• Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (“ACTEC”) for thirty years, a Regent for six years, past Editor of ACTEC’s quarterly journal, and Chair of its Fiduciary Litigation Committee and subcommittee on Will and Trust Contests.
• Chair of the Committee on Estate Litigation of the New York State Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Section, and as Chair of the Committee on Trusts, Estates and Surrogate’s Courts of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
• Columnist on Estates, Trusts and Surrogate's Practice for the New York Law Journal for twenty-eight years, and has written and lectured extensively on trust and estate matters.
• Recognized every year since 1991 in The Best Lawyers in America guide (Trusts and Estates; Litigation - Trusts and Estates) and since 2006 in New York Super Lawyers magazine.
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated status.